Specifically Designed for Long Term Care Staff Inservice and Employee Training It's a tool, but it's so much more!
Long term care facilities are encountering increasing challenges with the changing workforce. Managers within each department are indicating that the people who are applying for positions, need to become more savvy about basic life skills and basic job skills. As such, LeadingAge Wisconsin introduces a new program now available to long term care facilities -- Simple Savvy: Life Skills For Our Home.
What Is Simple Savvy?
Simply Savvy is a collection of simple, effective, and fun tools your facility can utilize to encourage your employees to take a common sense approach to being the best employees they can be within the home of your customers.
Simple Savvy includes five components:
- A videotape (appx. 10 minutes) that talks about life skills and job skills in very general terms - in essence, an introduction to life skills. This animated video takes a "tongue-in-cheek" approach to many sensitive topics including appropriate dress, body piercing, attitudes, communication, teamwork, staying healthy, slang, and many other issues.
- A booklet that goes into more detail about basic life skills - This booklet includes checklists for the reader to complete. Through this self-evaluation, your employees will be able to identify their life skills areas of strength and those in which they could improve.
- Simple Savvy: The Game -- An inservice tool that will teach your employees the proper way of providing quality care, practicing teamwork, and improving communication and appearance.
- A "take-it-with you" card listing the 20 skills of savvy employees (folds to business-card size).
- A 16x20 poster listing the 20 skills of savvy employees.
These five components of Simple Savvy focus on four areas of work and life skills - work ethic, teamwork, employee mental and physical health, and appearance. These Savvy products are available to you now through LeadingAge Wisconsin.
On their own or through inservice training, your employees can have fun and laugh while they learn how to become better employees with just a little Simple Savvy!
To see some testimonials about Simple Savvy click here.
For s sampling of what Simple Savvy is all about click here.
If you would like information on how to order Simple Savvy , please click here. This link will open a PDF file which includes pricing information and an order form.